Where the babbling burn "Glazert" winds around a small rise, through the green countryside of East Ayrshire, there is a Place. A place where Celtic men and women defended their homes and families for twenty centuries or more.
Against the painted Picts, the Britons of Strathclyde, the Gaels of Eire, the Angles, the Romans and the Vikings, they stood in this Place, this fort of stone and mud, this insignificant small hill and paid for these lands with sinew and steel and blood!!!
They gave this place a Name, these Celts...
A Name that would be carried by thousands down the Halls of Time....
To Ireland, America , Canada, Australia.
A Name that we know well, for it is ours.
The Chief (Dunlop of Dunlop) had built his manor in 1066 on the banks of the Clerkland, on land given him by De Ross. Four different versions of the home were since then built! 1200's, 1599, and 1834! And the total renovation in 2015 to modern condos while preserving the building as a Class A Historical site!
The basic Dunlop shield, essentially duplicated by the cadet branches of the family, is a double-headed eagle with wings displayed outwardly on either side. See them All! From The Dunlops, Dunlaps, Delaps and the Cadet Branches of Dunlop-Buchanan, Dunlop-Wallace, Wallace-Dunlop, Dunlops of Gankirk, Rosebank, Glasgow, and More!
James Stuart Wallace- Dunlop,
27th of that Ilk,
30th Chief of the Name;
Dunlop of Dunlop!
Michael James Dunlap
Michael Sean Dunlap